Thursday, January 23, 2014

Director's Introduction

A personal introduction from the director:

Hello friends,

My name is Ssenyonga Patrick. I am a 36 year old Ugandan. I am a director at Community Child and Youth Care Network Uganda fomerly called Lwabenge Child Caring Community, an organization founded with a sole purpose of helping needy children and the youth that started in 2008. I am a businessman dealing in tours and travel business under my company called Leisure Park Travel Services, Ltd as a director. I hold a Bachelors degree in Organizational Management and a Diploma in Tourism.

Life of a child without a parent is so hard. No parental love, no care, no shelter, no food, no happiness, no access to basic needs, nothing totally. That is what it is like with the children of Uganda and Africa at large. The number of orphans and needy children is rising day by day in Uganda due to a number of factors like HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other epidemics. My project area of Kalungu, Masaka and Rakai Districts  in Uganda is where HIV/AIDS first hit so the situation is worse there.
 

I came to realize the need the people in my area have, especially the children and the youth because they are the future generations. I started up an organization called Lwabenge Child Caring Community as a community based organization which was later transformed to a national organization under the name of Community Child and Youth Care Network Uganda (CCYC-Net). We have accomplished big changes for the people in my project area, uniting children, youth and the aged to engage in income generating activities which have helped them a lot in developing themselves and their families.
 

At the moment 200 needy children are registered with us and 150 youth. we do provide all what we can do to them especially in education by providing scholastic materials at least every educational term.
I am able to meet this with my little salary I earn and contributions from friends and well wishers and the community plus some income from the projects we carry out like craft making, bee keeping, farming and others.
 

We face many challenges but because GOD is in the middle of everything that we do, everything is possible.

I also call upon everybody who would wish to travel to Uganda or East Africa for holidays/touring, please I can render exellent service to you at affordable price. Every bit helps. 

Please join me in the struggle. You are welcome to read more information at the links at the top of this page or by contacting me personally.

May God bless you
Thank you


Ssenyonga Patrick
Director